Seven O`Clock Snow

Because the Weather Report said that the accumulation of Snow at daybreak would be 2-4 inches (and because they were dead wrong on Friday: I saw about 2 flakes in the city), continuing ALL DAY, I went out to take "progress pics" just before 7 AM today.



Approaching the wooded area behind our building.



Getting Closer. :)



Deep into the Woods(y Area).



A Neighboring "Pink Lady"




Recently-Awakened Me. :) (Can you tell I'm approaching that age where Makeup ought to be a necessity rather than a luxury?:P Well, really it's more like my eyebrows are stark blonde and without the aid of a darkening powder disappear altogether.) On Friday I got a haircut, and I'm still getting over my separation anxiety: It was long enough to sit on. I wanted it trimmed, taken up, shortened. I felt like it was eliminated. But...It looks fine...probably...




From the Balcony, Whee!

•••
What's Next?

• Snickerdoodle Cookies

• Some Veggie Recipes from Manjula's Kitchen (finally stocked my Indian spice arsenal last night.) I'm trying Aloo Gobi first. My friend and I have long been laughing (not always kindly) at Auntie Manjula's videos because they are nearly 10 minutes long each and consist primarily of her listing off all the spice components first in the intro and then as she cooks with them. "Halba Teaspoon of ____" times about 20. :D But we've been getting so into the Indian restaurant around the corner lately, and I'm excited to have her as a reference to try my own hand. :)

• Try jalc.org's (Jazz at Lincoln Center) Archives. In particular I really like the recent Danilo Perez installment
It's all good, of course, but start with "Ask Me Now". The music show is all one file, so you'll have to advance it to 20:15 on the progress bar to be selective. (The whole "Song" is a little under 8 1/2 minutes long.

• Red. Bird. Sampler. Jolene gifted me with this snowy sampler, and I really want to make a start (My first non-exchange start of the year! :D :D :D) today.

• Want to walk to the LNS, because it is only a third of a mile away. Before you expire of envy you should know that it's a Needlepoint shop, and so they only have about 50 x-stitch charts (lol) but the proprietess is a Lovely lady, and I can see all the floss I want there. :)

• I also owe a tonne of replies to comments. Thank you everyone for stopping in; I will endeavor to somehow be organized enough to answer questions and properly reciprocate. If I manage to miss you, PLEASE have pity on me and give me a gentle nudge (or swift kick) by way of a reminder.

Yours Snowfully,
Berit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum