Quilt Tops & Crochet



My first quilt top, which was the first "Scrap Lab" offered by Fig Tree is finished! Now to buy a thin batt and umn, quilt it. Yikes. This is supposed to be "turned" (like a pillow) rather than have a binding.



At last I let myself try out making a few crochet edgings from a book I got a few Christmases ago. These have yet to be blocked. I love white crochet. :) So reminds me of eyelet lace.

From the Bay of Evil, a rare treat for me~



This is an animation cel of the cat Luna from the Sailor Moon anime. I just love it. I can't recall the last time I bought a piece of original art--FAR TOO LONG.



The cel is only the black cat; the other elements are on heavy stock and behind the cel.



I'm so glad I treated myself, something I NEVER do. :)



Another Spring treat I forgot to show you last time; this is an avocado milkshake from the Vietnamese restaurant up the street. It may sound crazy, but if you love vanilla milkshake you'll at least like this!



This shot *almost* captures the soft green color.

In other news the model for my first design is ALL FINISHED all that remains is to wrangle my working draft into something publishable. From my experience with MacStitch 2009, I would advise any interested party to never buy ANY iteration of that software. Not entirely objective considering I've only used one version, but there it stands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum