Autumn Comes Again~

I am still acclimating myself to the concept that Summer is Over.

Stitching PS Christmas Ornaments. Some of them are even for Autumn. :)





First



Second:

Shops (4 in5 of my experience) need to do a competent job labeling their linen counts. Though these two are the same linen, they are not the same size. I filled the background 1/2 for ease and looks. I even like the sparse primness of the stitchy black sky. :)




Motifs fr. Prairie Schooler Bk. 132 Autumn Leaves

Fabric: Vintage Antique Ivory

Fibers: DMC per chart




More fr. Prairie Schooler Bk. 150 December





I love this Little Dog. It is my second favorite resident of this book (after The Fireplace).





This Tannenbaum seems so Norwegian/european to me. Warm Black, yumm! I altered the border on this a bit. I also changed the tree's color to a cotton overdye (WDW kudzu, if memory serves.)





Above as they stand now, with borders. I am planning to put "Merry Christmas" in the blank one using either French or German; can't decide. "Happy Holidays" seems like an over-PC Americanism that sticks out like a sore thumb in context of these designs. Fits neatly, however. :D These are worked on a neutral Wichelt (either 28 or 32). I did not always, but I do Love their stiff linen best!





The wonderful Kathy A. held a gift-cert giveaway in the spring which I won, and at length I settled on some stash! Yup, I got Prairie Schooler goods--Fox-Based ones I had been putting off forever! I want to collect all the PS Stitchy Foxes! :D The LK's were a bonus gift included by the shop.





Fox and Pheasant! <3

I still need to buy the DMC to rim Reynard's eye.


Previously, on Kindred Spirits:







I am even further along after getting inspired seeing another stitcher's Prim Needle project. I swear, this is a lingerer. I really want it done and framed; but I don't think this is happening this year. Putting a bit of a crimp in my mojo for it.

Next time I will show where I really am, as well as my new treasure (PS Santa's Night Ornament).

Thanks to everyone, as always. Should you have any spare finishing mojo, please send it my way. No frogs Necessary, however. We already need to frog out the final snowflake of aforementioned Santa. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum