A New Start and More Quilt!

I've made a new start:




"Kindred Spirits"
by
Primitive Needle


I'm using the recommended fibers and linen, though I may change the cat's eyes as they call for Belle Soie, but are the only use of that color in the piece. Do I really need to buy a whole skein of BS for 4 stitches? It's a yellow-green not suited to a monochrome piece, either. I am having SO much fun stitching the border--it's all I want to do! I wonder if I'll still love it so when I have to "re-do" it by filling in the orange, lol.



Squee! I was so thrilled when I "turned" this tabletop quilt--I think it looks SO good and I have to hunt to find the imperfections. You can see in the foreground where I need to blind-stitch the opening closed. I have a document (or is it a link?) saved to show how, but I use this stitch so infrequently that I always have to refer back to the tutorial when it's called for.

I'm pretty nervous about doing the quilting, however. The open-toe darning foot I ordered arrived in the mail yesterday, but the instructions are quite sparse. I'm entirely unsure about how to attach it to the machine. Also, I should probably test it on a scrap first, but I don' wanna! :P I am so excited to have this done. I also feel anxious that I'll spoil the perfection I'm so admiring. lol!



This potato salad was so good. It was included in the method for assembling a packed lunchbox shown here. I substituted peas for corn, however.



Recently I tried a new Menu item on our visit to Mitsuwa. This is Mapo Tofu "soup" with fried rice. The flavor was okay, but I found it to be over-starchy with the thick corn-thickened soup. The best part was the shredded daikon topped with mayo and seaweed salad. Yum! (seriously) The cup contains savory broth.

Hope everyone's enjoying great weather and,

See you soon~
Berit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum