Ever-clear, Ever-green

Instead of letting my perfectionism get the best of my blogging, I'm going to take a page out of Staci's book (yet again!) and in tough-ish times make a nice blog to share some Happy Things. :D (Please don't compare my photography to hers though as it won't show favorably on my part! ;)

Happy Thing No. 1:



Marc and I have been members of the local YMCA for about four years, and I can't say that we've been regular attendees--I know for certain that that the months in which we darkened their doorstep are fewer than those in which we Stayed Home, but I still wouldn't un-join. It's a great community place with something for everyone. I've been having a great time swimming in "Adult Lap" and also attending 'Water X"-type classes for the last couple of weeks. I love the Montclair YMCA; I call their pools Legion, for they are Many. lol. I remember the YMCAs in Oklahoma were just as nice, if not as "historic" in their housing. Give your local Y another look--they are cheaper than you think, offer more, and generally don't require the contracts that fitness clubs do. Sure, there's generally a "joiner's fee", but it's a cheap health investment in the long run. It's like a mini-vacation/spa. The whole place is full of towels--more than one could ever use and not a one will you wash! They have a steam and sauna room! :D I can't say whether or not it's fun to live at a YMCA, but it IS good times to visit!

Happy Thing No. 2:



I finished the re-stitch of my ill-fated Arbor Exchange, so now I gleefully started what I wanted to since it was released in April: Sweet Bird freebie from The Sampler Girl. I Love this pattern! "Sweet Bird; thy bower is ever green, thy sky is ever clear"--how refreshing these colors are! How lucky is that sweet bird! A nice collection of waste knots are dwelling on it; I usually stitch and stitch one session, and then when I pick up for the next round I weave in before starting--I'm always impressed with how much I must have done last session. But, to stop stitching in the midst of a nice groove just to weave in--Oh, Never! :D

Happy Thing No. 3:



The not-quite ever-green flowers that SB was propped against. These came from Dear Marc (first ones I've ever received from a Boy! :o), and here's a fresher pic. :)

Whew; I have many more, including the Arrival of Stash! :o But the "Blogging Hour" has long since passed--what is it about this weather that makes it difficult to stitch and harder to blog? But we do love it. :D

For the US readers and everyone else, enjoy this weekend; Independence Day aside--just this idyllic breezy weather makes it feel like a holiday here!

May your bowers be ever-green; your skies ever-clear,
Berit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum