Ciseaux Heart Freebie for Becky

Dear Becky has let me know that the little pyn pillow I sent to her arrived safely (and thankfully she liked it!), so I can now share it here. I took WAY too many pics of it, and I can somehow only narrow it down to eight to post here--maybe you can look through them, pick a favorite, and then pretend that you never saw the others? Thanks. :)



Colors pretty accurate here.



Shows the little impurity/striation in the (mop?) button at the right next to my signature.



Love that brassy antiqued button!



A bit of a gleam from its companion--a nice, thick mop button! Or is it no different that the above. Maybe I just love that comforter. I LOVE that yellow duvet cover. So much that it's still out. In June. Some nights it's cold, you know. Right. Down-requiring cold.



I used an irregular pattern for attaching the perimeter red mill hills (3 types left over from some Christmas ornament kits).





I love how the red looks on this teal/cream bedspread. Too bad I bought it rather than making it! I really need to learn how to quilt.





I somehow marshaled the restraint to delete the other pics of the back from the to-be-blogged folder. I had a great time using some tan rit dye to overdye this red stripe ticking. :)



Fabric: 32 ct. Vintage Antique Ivory
Fiber: DMC 115 & 434, stitched 2/2
Other: Mill Hill Beads, buttons from stash.
Filled with crushed walnut shells for weight.

Other-Other: I drew SO much inspiration and instruction from Staci this time: I used not only her idea of making a little beaded pin pillow out of this freebie, but also directly referenced her instructions for dyeing with Rit and adding a beaded edge. Unfortunately I can't find where the pattern came from, having only remembered it when I saw her blog about the one she made for an exchange.

Thanks also go to Becky for her gift of 115; I had been looking for some and asked her where she gets it and she sent me a big fistful of it. Of course, I had to use some of it NOW. Also, of course having stitched 2 (but done the finishing of none) of these freebies, I wanted nothing more than to further spurn my WiPs pile and make ANOTHER one! Seriously, I enjoy this stitch. It also served as great research for what linen to use for "Good Morning". I liked it so much that I went with the same.

Next time: Pics of my finish-finished Sailboat Biscornu and perhaps some links to cool stuff I like/want to make soon. :)

Happy Mid-week, Everyone!

Yours,
Berit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum