More Witches...And Black Cats To Be Seen

I was so encouraged by those comparison photos I took and all of your kind comments (Thank you so much, everyone!) that I kept working on WWGR. Because I'm getting addicted to seeing it magically progress flipbook style in my album, and also because I now like taking photos thanks to my cell phone (of all things), here are even more progress pics.







I so love this acorn needle minder. I should take this opportunity to throw out my hoard of acorns from this Autumn. Yes, the ones I spent 5 hours drying out in the oven.





Marc was in a Clash of the Titans mood last night and he kept making jokes about "Bubo the Owl" and answering in robotic-owl tongue when I spoke to him. Bubo looks really scary here as a Zomb-Owl with no eyes or beak.

•••




Here's Ferdinand (Cousin to Felix). I've had him so long that he's picked up a touch of "real-boy" magic. Isn't he so prim? What's that? "No, he's just dirty!", you say? Well, Ferdie (a diminutive Marc's given him which I'm not quite sure he likes) takes exception to that. Ah, isn't that just like a cat--often one isn't sure if he likes you or hates you body and soul. :) (I love cats, jic you somehow missed my obsession, Dear Reader.)

Ferdinand recently took his almost-annual "spin" at the laundry. I put him in one of those commercial front-loading washers (cells) with the glass door (bars). Occasionally, through the sea of white suds there flashed a dingy grey paw--swabbing desperately at the glass in a heart-wrenching plea. It was with great difficulty that I resisted springing him, as it had been considerably more than a year since his last "bath" this time; in truth I feared that extreme old age (He won't see his 10th birthday again.) coupled with the fact that I'd just fished him out from the Abyss of the Underbed had conspired to somehow tip the scales of his plushcat to swoot ratio--would anything remain when the cycle was complete? It was with great joy that I at last transferred him from the washer to the largest of the dryers, where he proceeded to amuse all present with his "hamster wheel" antics. Two pertinent facts: He generally led with his face. And Marc took video. :P

•••




Yours Cat-fully,
Berit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum