Wednesday Wish-Its (Three)



Leading the pack today: a mouse variation of the darling humbugs Ann has been making lately; Isn't he just the cutest!? I love everything about it--fabric and even the cute lace-edged jar he's perching upon. :D



Next is Carol's sophisticated "Pearls and Rosebuds Fob" from Drawn Thread. Carol, I understand, has been very busy with other commitments this year, and has not been as active in blogland as she has at other times, so I don't know her that well, but I sure feel like I know and enjoy her work! When I first started looking online for xstitch stuff, her works really stood out to me in places like the world's largest collection of smalls blogs. I am Such a fan of her works, and get so excited each time I see a finish perched upon a windowsill.



Here's a little something from a photo tour of Mituswa I did a couple of years ago at my video game blog. It's a set of darling cat-themed mugs that were sold at Utsuwa no Yakata. They have a nice bit of texture in that the glazing was done in such a way that the "line art" on the cats is at a lower level of relief than the rest of the mugs. I really do wish I'd bought some when they were still available. Has anyone got a time machine they'd be willing to lend me? ;)

Aaand that's all I have for this week! Boy does the holiday season just fly! We've only just started, but I already feel like I'm behind. I also feel like I haven't done any stitching, yet the truth is that I'm almost finished with an ornament! I also made some pomander balls, and am hoping that Marc will get interested and make some, too! I've got the cloves and oranges laid out along with an invitingly-placed awl. I also want to show 'n tell about Thanksgiving: I cooked my first turkey ever and it came out perfectly--so juicy! But, it looks like we are going into the City tomorrow to see the tree lighting, so I'd better go to bed now before I oversleep again (This morning we slept like logs until 11:30 AM! Marc's work is casual about arrival times (he can leave here as late as 10 AM--but not that casual! It's important to show a properly punctual commitment to arriving in time for lunch. :P Or, at least early enough to justify taking a lunch when the Noon-1pm hour rolls around!) We've also been busy driving to Ikea what seems like every day this week, but is in reality only two. Amazingly, I have to go back again to exchange a defective apron!! After we finish with our tinker-toy assembly, I might take some pictures to post up! :D

Yours in Stitching,
Berit

P.S. Primitive Bettys has released two new patterns as of the first of this month--please check them out if you <3 prim like I do! I love how her patterns are available via etsy, too!
Also, Sampler Girl has a new freebie out--My True Love Gave to Me. Have I ever mentioned how much I want that toffee apple pattern from her Stitching Janeite's Pattern Book? Tasty! Now, if only it were sold individually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red & Green and Redbird Sampler(s)

Berit, Berit–Quite Contrary; How Does Your Garden Grow?

More Kindred Spirits, Cooking, and a Quilting Conundrum